Cycling Solo from Chennai to Delhi (2200 KM) - How I got started?

I'm Sathish Kumar. S, 27 years old resident of Ramapuram, Chennai. My profession was in Information Technology for the last 5 years but I had other interests to explore the world. My friends and social circle knew me as silent and crazy guy but in reality I am shy but an experience loving guy. I get my hands dirty at many things for the love of living many experiences.

I did Blogging, Ethical Hacking Workshops, Placement Training Seminars, Traveling Local & Abroad, Started an YouTube prank channel with friends, Social Media meme pages, Asking hundreds of questions in Quora and quite a few more things. I did all these as my hobbies which were not part of my routine job.

There comes a period to every youngster where he or she wants equal amounts of sugar and salt in life. But obviously, life had other options. Putting more salt in the name of adding sugar to life. Marriage, family, baby and a routine life. We never know how the freedom of oneself could vanish in a matter of time in the name of responsibilities.

I, as an adventure thinker, wanted to get out of comfort zone and do things that brings happiness to everyone. So, I have given the thought to cycle long distance as being solo isn't a problem for me at all. My initial choice of destination for cycling were even scary. Those were Nepal, Bhutan, and North East India. Later I ended up in choosing to cycle from Chennai to Delhi.
I have read quite a lot about travelers who have traveled long distance on their cycle, bike, car, ship or through hitchhiking. In a matter of a week's time, I have decided that I should embark on this journey as early as possible before my monkey mind jumps to anything else. Without spending any money on the cycle or myself, I left home in no time after taking dharshan from the Hindu travel god, Lord Ganesha (well known as "Vinayagar" locally).

Author's Note

Like the article? If so, like my social media pages. In case you hate it, please do let me know in comments about where I sucked. Either way, it will help me improvise. Thanks.

Comments

  1. Good Endeavour, hope you did catch up a lot with road and new things on your way to the Capital. Wish you Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to wish your passion for traveling by cycle.
    Hope many more miles to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yeah many more miles to go. Itching to get back on the saddle.

      Delete

Post a Comment