Why do you want to travel this long distance on a bicycle?

During my travels all these years I have been asked many questions by people. Other than commonly repeated boring questions, people at times ask questions that are thoughtful and keeps me thinking. Let me take one of those questions and answer it as a blog post. Why do you want to travel this long distance on a bicycle?


Before starting to answer this question, to those who do not know me. My passion for travel began as a Solo backpacker and then turned into a solo long-distance bicycle traveler. Yes, I pedal on a saddle for thousands of kilometers all alone.

Coming back to the question, travel for me is not something that happens for a day or two. My kind of travel is at least a week's time which benefits in many ways. I traveled solo to Hong Kong back in 2015 for 7 days, where I was able to do many activities rather than just visiting the tourist spots.

Traveling for more days at a stretch takes me to the mood and sets the vibes to explore new things in this beautiful world. I go long distances on a bicycle so that it will be slow travel and by being on the road I can engage with random people who might have never met a traveler in that region of the world they were living in.

Traveling on a bicycle takes me to place which are offbeat and not passed through by people who go to major tourist hotspots. In that way, I am able to meet real people and their routine lifestyle.

Pedaling on a day-to-day basis to faraway cities and remote areas gives me a different dimension of the way we perceive people. Personally, I say to everyone whom I meet or people who were afraid to travel is that, anywhere you travel there will be good people and the opposite. It is not that only your native or the place you were living is safe and anywhere else in the world is unsafe.

I urge, you people to travel to places and if possible go solo and also try once in your life to travel on a bicycle, at least for a couple of days.

Remember, travel is not how society thinks to be an escape from responsibility but travel is freedom and experiencing new things out of our routine life. Go fear the routine, break your routine and visit places and create a new routine for yourself. Cheers.

Comments

  1. Wow that's an amazing answer to the question as blog and it really urge me to travel alone at least once in my lifetime but now it's lockdown here... Hopefully soon after the end of the lock down I'll try to travel solo thanks for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked the blog. Sure, you must try to travel solo but please do enough research and make sure all safety measures are taken care of. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment