Cycling from Chennai to Delhi (2200 KM) - Why did I cycle this far?

Life is a beautiful thing, we were given a worthy chance to live on this planet Earth. There are a lot of good things happening around to experience life to the fullest rather spending all day just in front of a computer desk. I wanted to learn and experience many things in life apart from just traveling the world.

Cycle parked safely at NDLS Railway station, New Delhi, LOL

Before Starting the Journey:

The truth is that I have quit the job and had no real plans, but somehow I put myself to test by taking this long distance cycling and achieved such a huge thing in life. When I hit the road I had this message #FearTheRoutine prepared with me but I was shy to promote about it to my friends and circles. Once after reaching a considerable distance in the journey, I got the courage to open up about my attempt to a wider audience and started to share the journey in various travel groups on Facebook.

Ncyclopedia, Nagpur

Travel Bug Hit Me Years Back in 2015:

Years back, it was in 2013 my IT career got started in a leading Banking organization. Fast forward a year went by, I got exposed about travelling local and abroad by my colleagues. In 2015, the travel bug truly hit me and I booked tickets for Hong Kong and explored this beautiful city as a solo wanderer.

Kowloon Island, Hong Kong

An Abroad Travel Enthusiast:

Basically, I am an Abroad Travel Enthusiast where I travel for the love of meeting diverse people and to know their culture by spending enough time with locals. I did a lot of networking for fun while I was working in a different state in India.

A Random Restaurant in North India
At One Point, You have to Take Action:

The genuine rush to do something were always with me as I pass most of time online watching videos of great achievers. I typically watch all great content and one thing that stuck with me is to push ourselves into discomfort zone which will bring out our true potential. I had various hobbies which were out of my comfort zone, I spent enough time to get soul pure and my hands dirty by trying new things in life. I took that discomfort to travel as well, and I followed the hippie way of traveling where I will try to hitchhike, stay in public places, initiate conversation with local people and so on.

Interacted with locals at Gudur regarding #FearTheRoutine

I came to the point where I have take action to attempt something huge for me, it is a genuine thought to improve yourself better than the previous version. So, I immediately without any true expectations decided to cycle for long distance and I read quite a few articles about long distance cycling in India. Prepared myself mentally and was very confident about physical fitness and jumped on the road from Ramapuram, Chennai on 26th May 2018.

Gary Vaynerchuk

Motivation on the Road:

I believed that I am doing this ride to promote breaking from the routine life to people present online. Typical long distance riders plan to spread awareness to locals all over the route they go through. Since, mine was totally on the highway the interaction with locals were minimal. Even then, I had met a minimum of 200 people on the road and shared my journey about taking a toll on the routine. I received a mixed reaction from people through out the journey and since I didn't any expectation from them it was a fun interaction all over. The online reach is huge and I believe the reach will be a very big margin.

with Children in Hotel Highway Dhaba, Madyapradesh

True Motive to the People:

The first step is always the hardest, and I literally experienced it every single morning. Once after starting the ride in the early morning, I get a positive energy all over the pedal all the way to the next stop I wanted to be at. My true motive behind the trip was to help realize people that everybody can do great things if they are not limited by their own mental thoughts. If an average person like myself can do it, then certainly everyone of you can do too.

Author's Note

Like the article? If so, like my social media pages. In case you hate it, please do let me know in comments about where I sucked. Either way, it will help me improvise. Thanks.

Comments

  1. Amazing your ride, certainly it motivate lot...keep peddling friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. One need strong desire to even think about such trip. You have done it bro. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work ! I am planning to travel to Delhi but I was confused about flight bookings, your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for Chennai To Delhi Flight . Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment